Saturday, January 13, 2024

All Our Yesterdays Are Still Our Tomorrows

 Admiral Bobby was sitting at home, looking out the window and thinking of the past. It had been raining and he was considering if he had

made the right decision on his promotion. He thought about his crew

Rachel was now a Captain and would be taking command of her ship in a few days. Kitt & Julie were taking command of Star Base 23.

Jesse Chief Engineer would be going to the U.E.S.S Mountain Shadows after eight weeks on the Piner Creek, helping with the new engines.

When the doorbell rang it was Rachel and most of his old crew. They came in Kit, and Julie took a Seat, and Rachel walked up to him.

Here, open this.

As he opened it oh what is oh! Romulan ale.

Bobby asked, When did you get this? It's a long way from home.

Kit: turned yeah we have the same Friends

That brings them to Earth from time to time.

Rachel then took the bottle, opened it, poured it into some glasses, and served the drinks. But Bobby seemed distant.

Rachel then asked, Why are you treating this like a funeral?

He turned, looked at her, and replied, There has not been one of those in a few million years.

She looked at him, You know what I mean.

I'm just following the rules and regulations, Julie rolled her eyes

You should not have taken that promotion. All in the room agreed.

He walked over to the chair and sat down next to Kitt.

Kitt turned and said, Bobby get your command back before it's really too late.

As the evening moved on everyone left.

 

Star Date 1309850.9

 

The next morning Admiral Thomas was on transport to Warwick HQ.

Within a few minutes, he was at HQ. After leaving the transport, and walking into HQ he ran into Admiral Andrew L Fox, Admiral Thomas had served under for many years and knew his wife Janell and son Mason who was thinking of applying to the Academy.

Here! Here are your orders and crew assignments. You know she's a brand-new ship take care of her.

I will! So what will Starfleet Corps of Engineering think of next? First, it was impulse, then warp speed, then trans-warp speed, and now we have ion engines.

Andy laughed,

You know young minds these days. Besides that, it’s just the prototype! Starfleet Corps of Engineering is watching this one itself.

Bobby looked at Andrew and said, I will give Larry a full report when we get back.

He will be waiting for it!

He turned and walked down the corridor and started thinking about Larry's promotion four years ago to Starfleet Corps of Engineering. He walked into the Transporter Room.

Lt. Iran Beam me to the Piner Creek.

Lt: Iran Sorry, Sir, the Piner Creek's transporter is not working. I can beam you to the station.

OK, that will have to do! Energize.

Space Station 1

 

Bobby walked out of the Transporter room into the hallway. As he walked and turned a corner he ran into Jesse! I didn't see you and Angela last night.

Yeah, i was making final preparations, and Angela is on Risa with Veronica and Daniel. I will be with them after the test is over.

Oh, what about the Mountain Shadows?

She will pick me up two weeks after I get to Risa.

Hmm, I suppose you would like us to drop you off.

Yes, that would be nice of you to do that. As they walked up to the transport pod,

I can do that! Take me over will you? They walked into the pod, the doors closed, and the green light came on! The pod detached and slowly made its way to U.E.S..S Piner Creek 1982 -E

and a few minutes of flying around the Star Ship,

Jesse: She is twice as big as the old ship; she has 124 more Crew.

Yes, I know. I'm glad to have you back! in engineering for 8 weeks

new ship and crew they're just Kids. Fresh out of the academy!

They made one last pass and docked the pod on the port side. After hearing the docking clamps and seeing the green light go off, the doors opened

as they walked out the crew were standing at attention.

U.E.S..S Piner Creek 1982 -E

someone yelled admiral on Deck, welcome aboard, Capt Nicole Moreci

replied. She looked at Jesse, You're needed in Engineering.

Aye Sir, and left for his post. She turned to Bobby and said

Will we be ready in 93 hrs? Will you be inspecting the ship at this point?

No. Later!

Very well then i will see you on the Bridge. Nicole turned to a Lt

Show the Admiral to his quarters!

Aye Sir.

Bobby unpacked his things and put them away. He started to look over the Crew manifest and his orders. The orders were just routine, as he was going over the crew assignments he saw some familiar names, Lt. Malia Cook...her parents had served on the Piner Creek in the Riley days. When ships were just starting out on warp speed. He left his quarters walked to the nearest turbo-lift and proceeded with inspecting the ship.

After the inspecting of the ship, he went to the Bridge. As he entered,

he saw the new Bridge and the hustle and bustle! That's when he heard

Admiral is on the Bridge!

Capt Nicole looked at Bobby and said, We're running ahead of schedule.

Good!

Nicole looked at Amanda who was sitting at the Science Consoles. Amanda!

Lt. Amanda Bain just out of Starfleet Academy took the Kobayashi Maru test, hoping this assignment will help her make Capt.

She looked at the Captain. Yes Sir!

Have you ever piloted a Starship out of Space Dock?

Um no!

take her out! Lt: Amanda. She paused for a minute then looked at the Admiral

And back the Capt. yes sir!

Amanda walked up to the center seat and sat down

Helm! Clear all mooring! One-quarter impulse power.

Lt. Malia Cook Helms officer, new at this post, scored high on the kobayashi maru test, 10 minutes later Malia turned to Amanda:

We have Cleared the space dock. Course and speed, Sir?

Amanda looked at Nicole. She turned and looked at the Admiral.

Course and Speed, Sir. Walked up and said the Course is DS10.

After we clear the solar system we will be testing the new engines,

Bobby: Malia! Your mom and Dad are Justine and Joel Cook.

Malia: Yes sir! He smiled. It's good to have a Cook at the Helm. I bet they're proud of you.

I hope so Sir.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you Sir, she replied.

Then he turned to the Captain as she was sitting down. Let me know when we leave the solar system. I will be in the Ready Room.

Aye Sir.

StarDate 150926.8

 

about 40 minutes later the Piner Creek had left the System

over the comm the Admiral heard Nicole asking for him, and answered it

Yes!

You asked to be informed when we left the system!

Very well I'm on my way!

after stepping onto the Bridge, the Ship went to Red Alert

Nicole turned quietly and asked Ensign Amy what are the sensors picking up?

she looked at the Captain There is an anomaly right in front of us Sir!!!!!!!!

Nicole, evasive maneuvers!! Now LT. Co.....

too late !!!!!!! Lt Cook replied

the anomaly had drawn them in!!!!!!!! The Piner Creek had come to a full stop

Capt Nicole: is everyone OK? i need a full ship status and let's get the power back on. Engineering! How long before we get power back?

Chief Jesse: Just a few minutes. And as he said that, the ship's power came back on

Thank you Jesse! Nicole turned to the Communications officer

Ensign Joey Mentch he graduated at the top of his Class in studying Linguistics. Sir, all decks have reported in! No damage and only minor injuries.

Very well Contact Starfleet and let them know what is going on. Lt: Cook, let's see where we are.

Aye sir.

Ensign Joey : Capt unable to contact Starfleet or DS10

She walked over What!!

It's almost like they're not there...even the communications stations are not responding.

That's odd, Lt Cook what is our present location?

umm Sir you should see this

They both walked over and looked to see where they were.

Bobby NO!!!!! That’s not possible!!!! Let’s see that on the Viewscreen

Lt Cook: Aye Sir

Bobby We are in orbit around Jupiter!!!!

Captain's log Stardate unknown

We have gone through an anomaly we lost all communications with Starfleet, DS10, and any starship out there for right now.

It seems we are alone out here. And we're in orbit around Jupiter, and we should have been almost to DS10. The ship is in good condition, and the crew are a little rattled. But ok! End log.

Petty Officer Zak Muser Navigation officer just out of Starfleet Academy

The study of Navigating a starship, Navigator set a course for Earth,

Aye sir

As they laid in a course for Earth, The science officer was doing a long range scan, this is interesting!

Nicole walked over What is it now?

I'm Scanning a large amount of debris in orbit

Is it the star base or starships?

No the debris does not match up to the size of a base or ship. However I'm picking up a base or vessel in orbit.

Nicole looked at Lt Cook Put us In the same orbit, and give a visual on it.

Aye sir.

As the Bridge crew looked at the ship some started to realize what they were looking at, the others didn’t

What!!! That’s not possible!!!!

Lt Cook replied, We dismantled her Bobby said

 

The Admiral turned toward the turbolift. I’m going down there to see what is going on.

Nicole quickly reminded the Admiral of regulations. General Order 15 barring you from beaming into an unknown situation without first establishing communication, we can’t raise Starfleet, at least take an escort with you.

He stopped and turned and said, Amanda, Cook...

Just then the Chief Medical Doctor walked on the Bridge. I was hoping to run in to you.

Chief Medical Doctor: Chris Knight 200 years as a Doctor his current assignment is the Piner Creek, he served 75 of those years with the Admiral

 

I heard we lost communication with Starfleet.

Yes we did, and you’re not going down there, what do you think i'm going with just in case.

Fine join the landing party.

Nicole have 4 crewmen meet me in Transporter Room 1.

Aye Sir

 

As they walked into the transporter room the coordinates were being set.

And they walked onto the pads and materialized inside one of the buildings at HQ.

Ensign Amy Wells, Science Officer
Nicole: turned to Amy Give me a full atmosphere scan.
Aye Sir.
A few minutes later
Sir, from the radioactive isotopes in the atmosphere I would estimate we have arrived approximately 22 years after the Third World War.
Nicole What! She walked over to the clock on the Helm just to see if the clock had the current date.
The power whined out.
Engineering, what happened?
Don’t know sir!
Then put us on emergency power!
Sorry Sir, that's not working as well!
Very well! Let’s get a debriefing in 10 minutes from all.

The briefing Room:
The Captain, the Chief Engineer, and Communications Officer sat in their chairs.
Nicole looked at Jesse. What happened?
Unknown. She just turned herself off. The odd part is she is still maintaining orbit. Life-support and shields are still working.
Joey then replied, Can we get power to Communications so we can contact the landing party?
No, not without knowing why she turned herself off.
Jesse! Locate the problem and fix it.
Sir, we have to look at another factor. When a ship is completely dead a ship cannot maintain orbit, life-support or have the shields operating.
Nicole sat back in the chair and thought for a few minutes.
Joey leaned forward and said, Jehovah could.

On Earth at HQ

Bobby and the landing party had been searching all the buildings. They grouped. It was all the same. The buildings had been burned and gutted! Then Bobby realized one of the crewmen had not come back. Then when they heard a scream, coming from one of the buildings, they ran towards and entered the far building to where the crewmen were. There was a skeleton that had been there a long time. Amanda started to look around and saw a magazine. She picked it up and looked at it, then gave it to the Admiral. As he looked at it, he realized where they were.

Chris took his tricorder and started to scan the area. Confirmed, the radioactive isotopes in the atmosphere we will be fine for now!

Malia: Sir, I can’t contact the Piner Creek Sir!

Then all tried the communicators. None were working.

Suddenly they heard a machine gun bolt being pulled back, the landing party turned and saw
5 UN solders standing there, Halt! One of them said, this area is off limits, he went up to the Landing party and asked for their IDs and paperwork, then seeing the Magazine and grabbing
Then looked at the Magazine he looked up at the landing party. This is contraband you are all under arrest,
They were taken to a nearby Base, to be processed, when a general saw them. He walked up and asked the UN officer where he found them.

We found them in the Watchtower buildings
Oh I see, take this one, to the interrogation room pointing to the Admiral, and the rest put in the camp.

Yes Sir.
So what's your name Mr.?
Bobby Thomas
What is this some kind of new uniform that you witnesses are wearing?
No it's just something I threw on this morning
The general now grabbed Bobby by the jacket
DON’T GET SMART!!!! With me or I will put you away for the next 1 million years!

As he let go of the jacket, Bobby slid back into the chair and under his breath said that would just be about right.
Just then someone walked into the room Sir, the president would like a word with you.

Fine put him with the others.

Yes Sir

The guards escorted Bobby into where the others were then left him behind the gate.

They all walked up, Admiral are you OK?

Yeah I'm fine.

Amanda asked, where are we anyway? What is this place, it almost seems familiar.

OK let's find out. Let's split up and look around. Meet back here in one hour.

Everyone replied OK Admiral.

One hour later they all had returned.

Report!

Chris replied first: they have a medical building, that is where they may have taken my Med kit.

The encampment is fairly large replied Malia It looks like they made weapons here at one time,

I know where we are we're in the first haft of the 21st century

What? are you sure Sir replied one of the crewmen.

Didn’t you read any history, The works of Justine Cook or Emily Miller or Scott Burnett or SJ

Umm no Sir I skipped history Sir

Malia turned to the young crewmen they all wrote about the last Days

Amanda then said they all talked about the underground. THAT'S Right !!!!

Chris replied the publications was still being made and distributed

Captain's Log Star date unknown

We are in Earth's past somewhere in the final last days; I worry about the 4 young crewmen

They were born after the thousand years had started. For the rest of us we remember how it was, as one Vulcan put it, it was a barbaric time in human history. My first priority is to get us out of here and back to the ship. End Log

As the landing party was sitting and going over their options, they had a visitor.

Welcome, my Brothers and sisters to encampment # 47. I'm Oliver Cook.

Malia looked up and under her breath Oliver!!

After all the introduction were done Oliver invited them for dinner; they all got to know some of the friends there and got a better idea where in the time line they were.

As Malia left, Oliver got up and followed.

Malia!

She turned.

You know I had a sister named Malia,

Oh! In response

It's a very pretty name, you know I didn’t get your last name!

Just then Bobby walked up. Malia, Chris, need to see you.

Ok, it was nice to chat with you, ok see you latter

Oliver! I need to speak to Matt he turned and now was looking at Bobby

It's very important that we speak to him, I can tell him whatever the message is

No I must do it, I would like you to trust me on this one, Oliver thought for a few minutes

I don’t know why but I do get the feeling that I should trust you, you know I had a sister named

Malia in Calf, at one time, oh where is she now! she died, mom and I came to Warwick for the tour of the buildings, Dad and my two sisters were to come a few days later, but that's when it all happened--the War

Sorry to hear! Is your mom in this camp too?

No she passed away a few years ago. I will see them again soon. Anyway I will see what I can do for you.

Later that night Oliver walked up to Bobby we can meet Matt tonight, be ready.

OK

Then Bobby walked up to Chris and Amanda. I want you two to get our stuff tonight; we're leaving at 1:30 am.

Chris and Amanda sneaked into one of the Med Buildings, as started looking around

they look in four rooms be for finding the Tricorders and their other stuff, Chris started to put one for the

hypo spray together, Amanda go see what's over there and see if we can use anything

OK

As she was looking around a guard came in . Halt !! What are you doing in here?

Amanda looked at him. Just looking around.

Chris came up from behind him and used the hypo on him, he will be out for hours, let's go!

As they there returned, they walked up to Bobby.

Any problems?

No Sir. We got everything that was ours.

Good!

About 45 minutes later, Oliver showed up.

Ready?

Yeah! Let’s go.

As they left the barracks they were headed to one of the far abandoned buildings avoiding all the guards. They went inside in the far back room where two witnesses were waiting. They had moved the desk and the wood floor. There was a hole that had been dug out.

When do they do a head count?

They don’t, not anymore.

Oh later then.

An hour later they came to an opening. They all started walking west toward the burned out City of New York About halfway they all stopped to rest. All were resting, Bobby got up and walked a little way form the campfire, and was looking at the night sky.

I have seen that look on you before.

Bobby turned oh.. You have?

Chris Yeah on Terrress 5,

You had a dilemma leave the landing party behind and save the ship or save the landing party and risk the ship and crew. So what is the dilemma this time? We both know how history plays out.

In a few hours this system will end; I wanted to tell them what's going to happen, I never told you that I was in one of the encampments. I know what's going to happen the UN giving the order to execute everyone.

And then the system ending. Just as that order was about to be carried out

Bobby do you think that Jehovah would let you change the time line?!

No Don’t think so!

You're right. So when we get to New York where are we going? I read that a few years after the war had started that the US had put a listening post there and after that when UN took over it was abandoned. It will have all we need to contact the Piner Creek.

OK, so the what do we do about Oliver? We can’t just take him with us.

Just then they heard Malia and Oliver walking by.

Malia!! Malia!!

Yes?

You know you never did tell me your last name? I would like to look you up after all this is over.

Oh.. well you know maybe it's not a good idea. What if we get separated and captured?

Oh! Yeah you're right. You know I still can’t shake the feeling I know you from somewhere.

Were you born in Northern California.

Yes!

Malia replied so was I. Malia then said maybe we were in the same Hall or same assembly and played together as kids.

Oliver stood there thinking for a minute. Maybe, but I feel there is more to it. I can’t put my finger on it.

Right then Bobby and Chris walked up.

Malia!

She stood at attention.

Oliver picked up on this

He turned to Bobby Who are you! You’re not with the military are you! You’re not here to destroy the underground are you?

No I can assure you we're not going to destroy the underground. And we're not with the military, and as far as who we are we're fellow brothers and sisters.

Malia stepped closer to Oliver and put her hand on his shoulder. You’re not catching us at our best.

Bobby replied That much is true. I asked you to trust me! I'm still asking that of you.

 

I do despite the double talk. For some odd reason I do trust you. But I feel that I know the both of you and don’t say we were born in the same place. It's more than that. He then looked at Malia. It's like you're my…..

Just then Chris walked up behind Oliver and used the hypo on him. Malia caught him in her arms and slowly lowered him to the ground and pulled off her jacket and laid it on the ground for a pillow! As she leaned over him she whispered I will see you on the other side Little Brother.

 

 

As the landing party approached the burned out City of New York, the sun started to come up. They could see the ruined City,

Life signs?

No Sir! However plants and animals are slowly taking over the City, Sir the listening post is just to our west and it does appear intact, Sir.

Good, time is running out.

As they made their way to the listening post and entered the building, one of them turned and looked at the water. It was turning red and the clouds were increasing.

Let's go people inside. Amanda you and Malia and 2 Crewmen find that generator. The rest with me.

Yes Sir!

As Amanda, Malia and the 2 crewmen made their way to the generator room one of the crewmen spoke up.

How does the Admiral know there is a generator in this Building?

Both Amanda; Malia looked at the crewman.

Really, you should read more History, right after the Fall of the old System a lot of the stuff was used, including the generator from this Building.

They entered the room and started to work on getting the generator up and working. The Admiral and the others entered the command room, Chris looked out the window. It had started to rain, and they saw lightning, then they heard the thunder. They all stopped what they were doing, and they heard a building falling and hitting the ground.

I hope they get that generator up and going.

The lightning became fiercer, and it started to rain even harder. The light came on. Within a few minutes the rest of the landing party came to the command room.

We need to align the satellite first and then we can contact the Piner Creek.

Just then a lightning strike came through the window. All the landing party saw was a bright light.

They had been instantly transported to the Piner Creek, the Bridge crew saw them as they beamed onto the Bridge.

Admiral! The Captain exclaimed as she saw them in mid transport.

Just then the viewscreen came on and Bobby walked up to the Captain. Nicole stasis, we have no power

The viewscreen and sensors just came on as you beamed aboard. Was that your doing?

No, it was not us, Sir.

 

Sir! Look, it's Earth.

The clouds were covering it. Bobby walked over to the sensors.

Status of the cloud cover.

Earth will be completely covered in 1 hour, Sir.

 

So it began.

The beginning of Jehovah's new government, and the end of the old one.

Sir, the sensors are saying the Ship is in movement, but I don’t have Helm control.

The ship was turning.

Sir, the anomaly. It's back, and we're headed right for it.

With a few minutes they had passed through the anomaly, and the power to the Ship came back on.

Amanda had sat down at Science Console.Sir, according to the sensor logs our tests of the new Engines were successful.

Sir, Joey turned and said. Sir, DS14 is contacting us.

Very well put it on screen.

This is Admiral Thomas.

This is Captain Granmoogie of DS14. We lost you for a second. Are you guys OK?

Yeah, we're good. We're about an hour away.

Very well, see you when you get here. Captain Granmoogie out.

One hour later one of the crewmen came to the Admiral's quarters.

Sir, we have arrived at DS14.

OK, thank you.

Sir, I picked one of those books out on history.

Good.

Sir why do you think Jehovah sent us to that time period?

Maybe to remind us that humans cannot direct their steps and to remind us how barbaric we were.

I see, sir. I’ll take your stuff sir. The captain is in Transporter Room 4. Sir.

Thank you, Crewman.

As Bobby walked up to the Transporter Room , Captain. Nicole was standing there

Admiral you took a risk.

Yes I did. If you like sitting in that seat sometimes you need to take a few risks.

I see. I will remember that, I would take you home,

You would be going in the wrong direction.

Take care of yourself, Admiral.

You too.

Bobby stepped into the room. Lieutenant Malia was standing in the room.

Sir, I spoke with my family, and Oliver...he didn’t remember anything. And mom and dad say Hello and would like to know when you are headed back to Earth.

I don’t know right now.

Bobby stepped on the pad

I would like to keep in touch, sir.

Sounds good. I can tell you a few stories about your parents.

Yes sir. looking forward to it.

Energize.

Captain Granmoogie was waiting in the transporter room.

Captain, permission to come aboard.

Granted, and welcome aboard to DS14.

No comments:

Post a Comment